One of the many things that I love about my job as a real estate agent in the booming Triangle Area, is that I get to work with a lot of new construction homes. Whether its builders I am
Wondering what some of the top trends in Real Estate Design are right now? Read on to find out what I'm seeing:
Dated: March 17 2023
One of the many things that I love about my job as a real estate agent in the booming Triangle Area, is that I get to work with a lot of new construction homes. Whether its builders I am working with, or clients designing their dream home, when you are building something from the ground up, you will want to take advantage of the most current features and design elements available. Below, I've outlined 5 top trends I have encountered and been aked about by my clients.
1. Sustainable and energy-efficient designs - With a growing awareness of environmental impact, homes that incorporate sustainable and energy-efficient features are becoming increasingly popular. This can include everything from working with a builder that sources environmentally friendly building materials to making sure you incude energy efficient lights and switches. There are lots of different ways to incorporate green elements in your home.
2. Open-concept living spaces - The trend towards open-concept living spaces continues to sustain and even gain momentum, with homeowners seeking out spacious, flowing floor plans that encourage socializing and togetherness. One trend I have seen more and more is people including prep kitchens, which have also been called scullary kitchens, in their new construction homes. This allows you to keep the visible clutter and "mess" while you are entertaining behind closed doors. Your gorgeous kitchen that opens to your dining and living space remains clean and pristine and you can still save the dishes and the prep mess for the end of the night. clean up!
3. Smart home technology - From automated lighting and heating systems to voice-activated assistants, the integration of smart home technology is becoming more and more common in real estate design. While certainly not new on the scene, smart home technology continues to improve while more nd more options become available.
4. Mixed materials and textures - A trend towards mixed materials and textures is emerging, with designers incorporating a variety of finishes and elements to create rich, layered spaces that feel both modern and timeless. Gone are the rules that all the finishes in your home need to match!
5. Multifunctional spaces - As people spend more time at home, multifunctional or flex spaces are becoming increasingly important. From home offices and gyms to playrooms and guest suites, versatile spaces that can serve multiple purposes are highly sought after.
While you may not ready to build your dream home, you can certainly icorporate these elements in your current homes as well. But if you are looking to make a move, feel to give me a call!
Samantha DiGiovanni is a Broker and Team Leader with The Sam DiGiovanni Team and HomeTowne Realty in Clayton NC. Sam relocated to North Carolina in 2010, with her husband and two kids and she has fall....